When installing Google Drive File Stream you encounter an error with the message "Google Drive File Stream encountered a problem and has stopped" it is most likely one of two causes.
This issue can occur when you are trying to install Google Drive Files Stream on an unsupported version of OS X or when installation of third party applications hasn't been allowed in the security and privacy settings.
To solve the problem upgrade to the lastet OS X version and check the security and privacy settings.
IMPORTANT: Etine takes no responsibility for the errors arising from the use of this information.
- Open Drive File Stream.
- At the top left, go to Apple menu and then System Preferences and then Security & Privacy.
- Next to "System software from developer "Google, Inc." was blocked from loading," click Allow.
If you still encounter this issue then follow these steps:
- Quit the Drive File Stream app from the top applications bar
- Hit command+space
- Type ~/Library/Application Support/Google
- Rename DriveFS to anything you'd like
- Start the Drive File Stream app
- Quit Google Chrome. If unresolved, restart Mac.
Or if you still encounter this issue then follow these steps:
- Deleted the Google Drive File Stream app
- empty the trash
- Reinstalled the app
- Go to the Finder folder Library --> Application Support --> Google.
- Rename the folder DriveFS to DriveFS.old
- You should now be able to log into the app, but it still get an error accessing the files:
- Then go to GO --> Utilities --> Terminal in order to overwrite the Gatekeeper
- Entered: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter your password
- Go to system preferences --> Security & Privacy
- The option "Anywhere" under "Allow apps downloaded from" should be visible and enabled
- Click "Allow" where it shows System software from developer "Google, Inc."